COVID-19 Update and ResponseMarch 26, 2020
As we all pull together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate business disruptions, GoodWeave International has taken a number of steps to continue operations, as well as support workers, children and partner companies during this crisis.
- Most of our teams around the world are now teleworking, and those who are unable to do so are following Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Certification labels are being issued. We have adapted protocols and operations to continue issuing labels throughout the crisis period.
- GoodWeave affiliated schools are currently closed. This is in accordance with government guidelines in India, Nepal and Afghanistan. Children under our direct care in center-based rehabilitation will shelter in place. Visitors are not allowed, and staff are taking necessary health and safety precautions to protect the children.
- We have set up the COVID-19 Child and Worker Protection Fund to help meet the basic needs of producer communities in India, Nepal and Afghanistan, as many of them will be without work, at least for the near future. Marginalized migrant and informal workers will be among the most vulnerable populations as the crisis unfolds. GoodWeave’s grassroots presence ensures our ability to assess their needs and communicate with them about how the pandemic impacts their health and livelihoods. Donate or find more information about the Fund here.
- With global travel restrictions in place, where possible, GoodWeave field-based teams in India, Nepal and Afghanistan are providing assistance to partner companies. Partner companies should contact Scott Welker at firstname.lastname@example.org if we may be of help.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely in both our export and import countries, and will evolve our response as necessary. During this pandemic and always, the safety and well-being of workers and children in communities producing certified goods, as well as our employees is of the utmost importance.
This page will be updated as we have new information to share.