Join GoodWeave and be part of our award-winning team of social entrepreneurs working on the frontlines of the movement to end child labor and modern slavery.
Senior Manager, Capacity Building and Training
POSITION LOCATION: Washington, DC
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director of Programs
The Senior Manager of Capacity Building and Training is part of the Program Department at GoodWeave’s international secretariat that leads overall program strategy together with country teams in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. This position will lead the Capacity Building Unit work, including developing content for and designing and delivering trainings to build the capacity of GoodWeave staff and other organizations on child protection, child and forced labor detection, remediation and prevention. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for developing tools to manage the sustainable uptake of GoodWeave best practices by partner organizations while ensuring GoodWeave’s hands-on role and guidance in ensuring tools result in uptake of GoodWeave methodologies, as well as organizational learning and impact. The Senior Manager will regularly collaborate and coordinate with staff based in the US, Europe and South Asia.
The Senior Manager reports to the Senior Director of Programs. The position is based in Washington, D.C., with some travel to South Asia. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, well-organized, detail-oriented, innovative, skilled at developing, designing and implementing both in-person and virtual training materials targeting varied audiences, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, and with a track record as an independent thinker and problem solver. The candidate will possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic and ideally have experience working in issues of social justice.
- Lead GoodWeave’s capacity building and training development and delivery efforts, including project management, meeting deliverables and executing against budgets and work plans, and preparation of donor reports as per contractual commitments.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director, Programs and points of contact with the country teams and project partners to develop, design and maintain effective training modules, including instructor and participant guides and reference materials on all elements of the GoodWeave System.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs and incorporate learning back into tools and approaches.
- Lead new partner, program and proposal development in the assigned work areas.
- Support recruitment and supervision of staff and consultants when necessary.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local partner staff.
- Collaborate with Program Department staff on capacity building related deliverables.
- Assist with the preparation for external meetings, conferences and other events.
- Engage with the organization’s communications, business development, and evaluation and learning teams as appropriate to ensure strategic alignment and cross-departmental execution, and to ensure that learning is integrated back into programming.
- Contribute to GoodWeave’s annual planning and budgeting process and to the learning program; prepare reports and presentations for internal and external events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum seven years progressive responsibility in project management or related experience, preferably in a socially responsible business environment.
- Experience with innovative content development, design and delivery of training materials.
- Familiarity with adult learning theory.
- Demonstrated experience working across geographies and cultures.
- Experience conducting trainings on international labor issues, especially on child labor, forced labor and or social audits on these topics.
- Understanding of and passion for GoodWeave’s mission and socially driven business model.
- Experience actively contributing to the success of programs, through input on strategy, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Understanding of project management tools, including theory of change, results framework, and Gantt chart.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse team members and contribute to a team environment, particularly working with international teams.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English required; other languages an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with issues of child labor and forced labor, sustainable production, standards and certification, partnership development, fundraising, and/or knowledge of South Asia are pluses.
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave also offers a generous benefits package.
Please apply to the position by sending a cover letter and résumé explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Senior Director, Programs
Applications must be received by February 5, 2021.