Join GoodWeave and be part of our award-winning team of social entrepreneurs working on the frontlines of the movement to end child labor and modern slavery.
Digital Communications and Fundraising Manager – Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
GoodWeave — a nonprofit organization founded in 1994 by Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi — is the leading institution working to stop child labor in global supply chains through a market-based system and holistic approach. We partner with companies and local producer communities to bring visibility to hidden supply chains; protect workers’ rights; provide assurance that products are free of child, forced and bonded labor; and restore childhoods. Currently, GoodWeave works with over 420 partner companies in 22 countries including major retailers and brands such as Target, Macy’s and Restoration Hardware, as well as boutique shops and suppliers.
Since its inception, GoodWeave has transformed South Asia’s carpet sector. Now, we seek to repeat this success in home textile, apparel, fashion jewelry and other sectors, where 160 million children await their freedom. The GoodWeave® certification label on rug and home textile products is the best assurance no child labor was used and that your purchase supports child rescue, remediation, rehabilitation and prevention programs.
Overview of the Position:
The Digital Communications and Fundraising Manager plays a key role planning and implementing projects that support GoodWeave’s communications and fundraising objectives. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and serves as the in-house expert on all things digital. The manager will lead digital content, website and social media strategy and execution. As part of the development team, s/he/they work closely with the CEO to create strategy and update management tools, including the deadline calendar, prospect list and revenue outlook, provide support on grants and directly manage the individual giving portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an interest in corporate social responsibility, international development or human rights, and possess a can-do attitude.
Specific responsibilities include:
Digital Communications (70%)
• Develop and manage GoodWeave’s digital marketing and social media strategy. Ideal candidates will have experience with social media influencer outreach, organic and paid social media, and digital advertising.
• Monitor and grow GoodWeave’s social media presence on various channels; create compelling content; maintain calendar and schedule posts; manage engagement; and respond to inquiries.
• Maintain and improve the website using WordPress to make edits and updates. Liaise with outside web developer as needed.
• Work with staff on content development and enhance GoodWeave’s storytelling abilities bringing to life examples of communities and individuals that have benefitted from GoodWeave’s programs.
• Develop, write, design and distribute eNewsletters and e-blasts; including list maintenance via organizational database.
• Develop and manage campaigns including associated communications assets such as social media toolkits for partners and event invitations.
• Design and create graphics for documents, presentations and social media; as well as manage outside vendors developing marketing and creative materials.
• Manage digital asset library and serve as a resource for staff.
• Deliver website and social media reports, making recommendations for growing online visibility.
• Monitor relevant daily news; track media hits and placements.
• Other projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
Development and Fundraising (30%)
· Design, manage and oversee individual giving campaigns including print and electronic mailings and online campaigns.
· Manage online fundraising channels.
· Manage Combined Federal Campaign applications and relationship with third-party vendor.
· Cultivate major donors and prospects.
· Monitor incoming donations and record in organization’s database.
· Write donor acknowledgements.
· Track revenue and key grant information through pipeline spreadsheet and calendar.
· Update prospects list and track next steps for high-priority funders.
· Ensure that reporting, application and renewal deadlines are met by program and development team.
· Support grant proposals.
· Track and analyze effectiveness of fundraising campaigns.
· Oversee organization’s database in relation to fundraising.
• Strong digital and technical capabilities including WordPress, social media platforms, Meltwater, Sprout, Constant Contact, SharePoint, MS Office, Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud especially InDesign, as well as an ability to learn new platforms
• Knowledge of AP style and Google Analytics desired
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated success managing projects from conception to completion
• Strong background in database management with experience in FileMaker Pro preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced small office atmosphere with demonstrated success juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience managing donor information, giving data and generating related reports
• 5+ years’ demonstrated experience is digital communications and fundraising and/or executive support with increasing levels of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree required
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave offers a generous benefit package including employer paid health care, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching.
Supervisors: Chief Executive Officer, Vice President of Communications
To apply, please email resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to: