Join GoodWeave and be part of our award-winning team of social entrepreneurs working on the frontlines of the movement to end child labor and modern slavery.
Executive and Operations Associate – Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
GoodWeave — a nonprofit organization founded in 1994 by Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi — is the leading institution working to stop child labor in global supply chains through a market-based system and holistic approach. We partner with companies and local producer communities to bring visibility to hidden supply chains; protect workers’ rights; provide assurance that products are free of child, forced and bonded labor; and restore childhoods. Currently, GoodWeave works with over 420 partner companies in 22 countries including major retailers and brands as well as boutique shops and suppliers.
Since its inception, GoodWeave has transformed South Asia’s carpet sector. Now, we seek to repeat this success in home textile, apparel, fashion jewelry and other sectors, where 160 million children await their freedom. The GoodWeave® certification label on rug and home textile products is the best assurance no child labor was used and that your purchase supports programs that educate children and improve working conditions for adults in producer communities.
Overview of the Position
The Executive and Operations Associate directly supports GoodWeave’s CEO, maintains the organization’s data systems and record-keeping and provides operational and office support. This position assists the CEO with scheduling, board management, travel and select special initiatives. As part of the operations team, this position also helps ensure the office runs smoothly by managing the organizational database, supporting office-wide technology, procuring supplies, fielding general inquires and assisting with billing, mailings, events and other projects. The ideal candidate will have an interest in corporate social responsibility, international development or human rights, and possess a problem-solving, can-do attitude.
Specific responsibilities include:
Executive Support (60%)
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with staff, Board members, donors, and others, as needed.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating responsiveness to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, discreetly, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Database Management (20%)
- Manages the organization’s relationship database built on a FileMaker Pro platform, which includes adding new contacts, updating information, verifying data, assigning user profiles, managing licenses etc.
- Processes newsletter subscribes and unsubscribes.
- Pulls sophisticated reports from database based on often complex criteria.
- Cleans and sorts contact information for inclusion in print and electronic mailings.
- Supports fundraising and communications activities by creating mailing lists.
- Trains new staff on database functionality, and existing staff on new database features.
Operational Assistance (20%)
- Solicits staff meeting agenda items to develop impactful agendas for bi-weekly meetings. Then taking notes during and circulating minutes after such meetings.
- Acts as the “first face” of the organization for general inquiries managing the informational email inbox and responding to queries in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Procures and maintains office supplies and equipment including technology resources such as business cards, computers, copiers and printers in conjunction with technology consultant.
- Fosters the development of a functional and comfortable office environment.
- Supports logistics for staff, board, and other events.
- Assists finance with quarterly licensee invoicing.
- Other administrative duties and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong background in database management with experience in FileMaker Pro preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience and a Bachelor’s degree required.
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary ranging from $40,000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience. GoodWeave offers a generous benefit package including employer paid health care, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching.
Supervisors: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer
To apply, please email resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Chief Financial Officer