The integrity of our standards depends on a dedicated team of inspectors based in the countries where we operate—India, Nepal, and Afghanistan—who regularly visit our licensed manufacturers on a surprise, random basis. GoodWeave International’s Certification Division (GWI-CD) coordinates and oversees this team of inspectors, evaluates their findings, and implements the certification program that is at the heart of our work.
To learn more about how GWI-CD operates—including the stipulations behind our licensing and certification policies, as well as information regarding fees, appeals, and confidentiality—click on the links below.
- GWI Licensing and Certification Policy
- GWI License Fee Schedule
- GWI Confidentiality Policy
- GWI Trademark Policy
- GWI Certification Methodology
- GWI-CD Terms of Reference
- GWI-CD Code of Ethics
- Standard Operating Procedure: Complaints and Appeals
Certification Division Committees
The Certification Committee is responsible for decision-making on licensing and certification. The Oversight Committee safeguards the impartiality of the certification program.
- Certification Committee Terms of Reference (PDF)
- Oversight Committee Terms of Reference (PDF)
- Committee Members
Approved inspection personnel